Ok, so I'm sitting at my computer and I take a glance at the time and it says, 11:12pm. Immediately I'm upset because I think it means bad luck for the following day. However if I would have glanced one minute earlier at 11:11, I would have said, "yeah baby, good luck tomorrow!" I know this sounds absolutely crazy and personally I have no idea when or how or why I started doing this. It's been going on for as long as I can remember. As strange as it sounds, I can honestly say that rarely does a day go by when I have not seen one or the other. How can my emotions be so effected by such a ridiculous thing? Yet, somehow I seem tied to it. I know it makes no sense and goes against all my belief system but yet I have this weird suspicion. Other than this I have no other suspicions or good luck charms or any of that nonsense. I guess some of us just seem to find some crazy insignificant thing in our life that goes against our natural thinking and somehow still manage to place emotion into it. I realize I'm not making any sense at all, but I'm baffled by it. Mostly because I really believe it to be true because it's seems to always come true. Now whether it's my mind playing tricks, or totally coincidence, or my expected outlook and attitude is affecting the supposed outcome, I know not. What I do know is, I can't stop doing it and I can't stop letting it effect me. I think I'm insane sometimes. There must be some sort of weird psychological thing behind this.
These are my crazy rules for 11:11 luck:
1.It's based merely on a chance glance at the clock whether standard or digital. You can not purposely wait or plan to see it as it is coming around. It's about luck so it's based on chance only.
2. If I see 11:11 in the evening (pm), by chance only, I assume I will have good luck or a good day the following day. This is the first stage of the chance event. If I see it again the following morning it means extra good luck and great things coming my way.
3. If I happen to see 11:12 in the evening I assume bad luck or a bad day the following day. Then if I see 11:12 again the next morning I feel really worried that it's not going to be a good day.
4. If I see 11:11 at night but 11:12 the next morning I feel my luck maybe changing and I have to watch what I do, as that may affect the outcome from that point on that day.
5. If I see 11:12 at night but 11:11 in the morning I get a sense of relief that by some effort or chance the rest of the day could turn out to be ok after all.
6. If I see 11:10 at any point of the day and choose to wait out the actual switch to 11:11, I feel a sense that some luck may come by some effort on my part but to try hard.
7. If I see 11:12 at any point of the day but scurry to find another clock which still bears 11:11 at that same moment I feel a sense that it may be possible to save myself from some bad luck and turn that day around by personal effort.
8. If I see 11:13 in the evening only I assume luck will play no role and my day will be what I make of it.
I must admit I always feel best when I see 11:11 and it seems to work out. This is the dumbest thing ever, but I do it anyway and let it effect me. I guess we all have something! Don't ask me why I posted this here; I guess I just feel somehow it's connected to my spiritual self. Oh... And it's a cry for help. lol :)