Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prophecy of Heber C. Kimball

Prophecy of Heber C. Kimball

An army of Elders will be sent to the four quarters of the earth to search out the righteous and warn the wicked of what is coming. All kinds of religions will be started and miracles performed that will deceive the very elect if that were possible. Our sons and daughters must live pure lives so as to be prepared for what is coming.

After a while the gentiles will gather by the thousands to this place, and Salt Lake City will be classed among the wicked cities of the world. A spirit of speculation and extravagance will take possession of the Saints, and the results will be financial bondage.

Persecution comes next and all true Latter-day Saints will be tested to the limit. Many will apostatize and others will be still not knowing what to do. Darkness will cover the earth and gross darkness the minds of the people. The judgements of God will be poured out on the wicked to the extent that our Elders from far and near will be called home, or in other words the gospel will be taken from the Gentiles and later on carried to the Jews.

The western boundary of the State of Missouri will be swept so clean of its inhabitants that as President Young tells us, when you return to that place, there will not be left so much as a yellow dog to wag his tail. "Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to tests that will try the integrity of the best of them. The pressure will become so great that the more righteous among them will cry unto the Lord day and night until deliverance comes.

Then the prophet and others will make their appearance and those who have remained faithful will be selected to return to Jackson County, Missouri, and take part in the upbuilding of that beautiful city, the New Jerusalem.

Deseret News, May 23, 1931


Comments:

This is absolutely fascinating! I've never heard of a prophecy of Heber C. Kimball that didn't come to fruition. As we see, this is coming into light more and more with the passing years. I am confident at some point this will entirely be fulfilled. It's frightening to think about. I can't help think of the parable of the Ten virgins. Only 5 were prepared. Are we lukewarm or fence sitting still? I believe we need to catch a greater vision, grasp a deeper conviction, and develop a more intense commitment. I ask myself, what else really matters when all is said and done? Nothing! Do we really get it or are we to busy glancing at the large and spacious building? If we are, we might just miss out on something. These are the last days and they are crucial times. Repent, repent for the time is at hand. Let us cling for dear life, (eternal life) to the Iron Rod and keep our eyes on the prize which is Christ our savior and redeemer and return to live with him in exaltation.

Kent Wentzell

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this is an excellent post.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

sandra said...

Would you know why someone that has been re baptized into the church not having the Holy Ghost even though I was confirmed. I felt nothing still don't feel anything. I am scared

Kate said...

Sandra, it took me many years to learn how the Holy Ghost speaks to me. One of the many important things I learned was that fear and failing to fully forgive myself for things I had done and repented for stifled my sensitivity. Just like with anything that takes work and study to learn, the same goes for learning how the Holy Ghost speaks to us. Don't be afraid. Fear is only from the adversary. Just remember that you are a royal daughter of God who has taken a courageous step back toward your Heavenly Father. And with that step will also come an increase in opposition from the adversary. We are in the Last Days. The Lord is hastening his work, and so is the devil. Remember: "Angel's speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, wherefore they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore I say unto you, feast upon the words of Christ. For behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things which ye should do." 2 Nephi 32:3 :)

a_disciple_of_Christ said...

Book of Mormon prophecy for Ephraim, Alma and the Sons of Mosiah (after their conversion). In my opinion.

John Peterson said...

The church is too busy build shopping malls and commercial office building. All you need is Jesus period to be saved. Institutional religion is dead it's all about your relationship with god and living his only commandment love

wade2029@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wade2029@gmail.com said...

I once felt like you do and when I got the spirit back, I still had a lot of attitudes and beliefs that had become habits over my years of inactivity- things I didn't even realize I was doing that blocked me feeling the spirit. This talk really helped me (link below). I'm still a work in progress, but I do promise you this-

The spirit is there-the gift of the holy ghost is there with you, especially in the times you can't feel it. I know that as you work on becoming more childlike (like it says in the talk), for every little bit you remove from yourself that is blocking the spirit, He will remove tenfold! Pray to know what to work on them get to work!!! :)It really does work.

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/where-is-the-pavilion?lang=eng